Camardese Plastic Company, located on Highway 21 was destroyed by fire on Tuesday, January 4. At approximately 6:51 p.m. the first call came in that there was an explosion and fire at the plant. Witnesses report that an employee was attempting to start a forklift when the forklift caught on fire. Employees tried to fight the fire with extinguishers, to no avail. The propane tank on the forklift exploded, setting the buiding and contents on fire. One employee was taken to Johnson Regional Medical Center by private vehicle for treatment. Rural Fire Districts 1 and 3 with assistance from the Clarksville Fire Department fought the fire for several hours. Nearby residents were evacuated and Highway 21 was shut down for a short time. Camardese Plastic Co. employs between 20-40 persons.